Why Learning Management System for Schools
Now that eLearning is becoming a popular method of facilitating instruction, learning management system for schools is a hot topic. With students completing instruction in the classroom, outside of the classroom, and in a number of self-study options, educational institutions need a way to streamline all of this information in one place. A learning management system (LMS) can help minimize the complicated task of tracking training data by housing it in one easy to use software option.
How Can Schools Benefit From an LMS?
The benefits of an LMS are extensive, but different types of organizations will find specific aspects of an LMS more helpful then others. Some ways that educational institutions will benefit from using an LMS are:
- 1.Ability to see how much time students spend completing a specific assignment or assessment. Any teacher will appreciate having this information available!
- 2.Manage multiple classes or groups with separate assignments, scoring, and data tracking for each. Facilitators can keep everything they need in the LMS and eliminate a separate grade book or other systems requirements.
- 3.Incorporate many different types of training, not just standard slides or quizzes. You can utilize a blended learning approach and add video or interactive elements to your training.
- 4.Ways for students to communicate with each other and the instructor within the LMS. This can help save time and resources instead of having the same questions asked and answered over and over.
Daemon’s Knowledge and Learning Information Platform does the following effortlessly:
Provision of Collaborative Tools
Secure, academic social environment incorporates Web 2.0/collaborative tools to develop 21st-century skills such as:
Provision of Course Interaction Tools
Systematically direct learning using Lessons/Learning Paths with allowances for:
- 1.Divergent paths/adaptive learning
- 3.Mobile version and apps
- 4.Course Alerts
2. Mobile Enabled
BYOD is becoming the new method for learners to look at their own screens for learning. Ability to see the entire app on mobile and also have access to other mobile apps is something schools would really wish for and KLIP provides for the same
3. Empower teachers
Provide Interactive lessons / learning paths
Drag-and-drop lesson-building tool enables teachers to build learning paths from:
- 1.All file types, assessments types
- 2.Management tools
- 3.Tracking and reporting tools
- 4.Collaborative suite of tools Makes room for a "flipped classroom", divergent paths, and adaptive learning.
Provide Surveys & Assessments
Assess student knowledge and knowledge gained through coursework; set benchmarks and understand comparisons with peers and previous classes. Contains:
- 1.Automatic grading settings
- 2.Tools to eliminate cheating
- 3.Randomization of questions and answers
4. Achieve Outcomes
Learning Outcomes / Competencies / Common Core
Teacher-created or admin-created objectives are aligned to assignments; students passing assignments are recorded as meeting the objective/competency. Admin reports also included.
Interactive Lessons / Learning Paths
Drag-and-drop lesson-building tool enables teachers to make room for a “flipped classroom”, divergent paths, and adaptive learning.
Early Warning System / Alerts
Learning Track student progress via alerts and reports based on criteria chosen by teachers. Notify teachers, administrators, and parents when issues are detected.